Trainees and apprentices
Our school and college leaver programmes give you a great opportunity to gain a recognised academic or vocational qualification from a college or university, while you’re employed full-time at Skanska.
On-the-job training gives you the chance to earn while you learn. As a trainee you’ll study for a part-time college or university course financed by Skanska , while earning a salary. You’ll be able to study for a BTEC/HNC or HND qualification, usually through a day-release study programme.
You’ll learn on the job, but our formal apprenticeship scheme gives you the opportunity to gain a valuable qualification at college while working with us and earning a salary. Once you’re qualified, we’ll also build you a structured career path to help you realise your potential.
We have a growing range of opportunities on offer, including:
- Civil engineer (apprentice)
- Planner (trainee)
- Estimator (trainee)
- Construction supervisor (trainee)
- Buyer (trainee)
- Design technician (trainee)
- Mechanical and electrical engineer (trainee)
- Street lighting (apprentice)
- Plumbing (multi-skilled) (apprentice)
- Piling (apprentice)
- Vehicle technician (apprentice)
- Quantity surveyor (trainee)
In our enabling functions:
- IT (apprentice)
- Finance (trainee)
- Administration (apprentice)
As long as you’re willing to work hard you will reap the benefits of a fruitful career with SkanskaNaz Huseinmiya